» Last meeting: Jason Elam hit a 49-yard field goal as time expired to lead the Broncos past the Steelers, 31-28, in Week 7 of 2007.
» Streaks: The Broncos have won four of the past five and have a commanding 16-9-1 overall series edge, including the playoffs.
» Last week: Both teams were on a bye.
How the Broncos respond to their first loss: For the first time as a head coach, Josh McDaniels has to get his team ready to play following a defeat. The Ravens exposed the Broncos offensively with their intermediate passing game and defensively by getting pressure on Kyle Orton. The Steelers play a very similar style to the Ravens, so McDaniels has to make some adjustments.
Eddie Royal's return skills: If there is one glaring weakness for the Steelers it is their special teams. They have given up three touchdowns on special teams in the past four weeks. Royal has the ability to exploit Pittsburgh with his uncanny knack for coming up with big returns.
Ben Roethlisberger's strength: Pittsburgh's signal-caller is one of the league's toughest quarterbacks to bring down and his exceptional ability to keep plays alive often dooms defenses. Denver will have to maintain discipline in the secondary and its pass rushers must be under control when attacking Roethlisberger.
Did you know?
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is 4-0 on Monday Night Football. ... Roethlisberger has a touchdown in seven consecutive games. ... Orton has lost just two home games in his career. ... Denver's Elvis Dumervil leads the AFC with 10 sacks.
The Denver Broncos (6-1) will make their second Monday Night Football appearance in their last three games this week when they host the defending Super Bowl-champion Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2). Kickoff at INVESCO Field at Mile High is set for 6:30 p.m. MST.
- The Broncos, who look to rebound from a 30-7 loss at Baltimore last week, will appear on Monday Night Football for the 61st time in club history. That total is the fifth highest in the history of the program.
- guided Denver to a 6-0 record to begin the year, a start that tied for the third best by a rookie NFL head coach since 1930.
- QB ’s 18-2 (.900) career record at home as a starter is the best by an NFL player since the 1970 merger. He leads the AFC in TD-to-INT ratio (9-to-1), fourth quarter passer rating (124.2) and INT percentage (0.4).
- The Broncos’ 16 drives of at least 10 plays (20.8% of their possessions) tie for third in the NFL.
- Coached by long-time NFL defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, Denver leads the NFL in yards per game allowed (266.7) and yards per play allowed (4.4) while ranking second in the league in scoring defense (13.7 ppg.).
- Last week at Baltimore, the Broncos posted an NFL Week 8-best 10 tackles for a loss (31 yds.) with seven run stuffs, two sacks and one on a reception.
- OLB/DE ’s 10 sacks lead the AFC (2nd in NFL). Minnesota DE Jared Allen is the only player in the NFL with more two-sack games than Dumervil (11) since he entered the league in 2006.
- The Broncos have won both AFC Special Teams Player of the Month awards this year with K (September) and WR/KR (October) earning those accolades.
- Royal became only the 11th player in NFL history to score a touchdown on a kickoff (93 yds.) and a punt return (71 yds.) in the same game at San Diego on Oct. 19.
- S , a rookie second round pick from Texas Tech University, leads the Broncos with seven special-teams tackles.
Denver defensive lineman Ryan McBean may not play Monday night against Pittsburgh with a knee injury. LeKevin Smith is set to start in his place.
So I am looking for big games from the Offense. But most importantly Tyler Polumbus, Knowshon Moreno and Kyle Orton. Tyler needs to get some push and stop the rushers. Knowshon needs to get some rushing yards and Kyle Orton needs to have a bounce back game.
This game will be close, maybe a touchdown separating the two, I think the score will be something like 24-17. But this is going to be a tough game to win and the Broncos are to win it, it will be done late in the game.
Q. How many steeler fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A. Two. One to do the job, and the other to tell everybody else how much better they are at it than everybody else.
Q. What do the Steelers and bumble bees have in common?
A. They are both black and yellow and get smeared all over your windshield.
Had to post this as it has our boy Elway in it.