Raiders, Broncos resume classic AFC West rivalry
» Last meeting: The Broncos rushed for 215 yards in a 23-3 Week 3 win over the Raiders.
» Streaks: The Broncos have won six of the last eight meetings, but trail the overall series, 56-42-2.
» Last week: Denver tried to mount a comeback at Indy, but fell short in a 28-16 loss. ... Oakland lost Bruce Gradkowski and then the game, 34-13, to Washington.
Sebastian Janikowski's powerful left leg: Janikowski has the best chance to break the record for the longest field goal in league history (63 yards), and if he is going to do so, Invesco Field would be the place. Janikowski regularly booms field goals from over 50 yards, and in Denver's thin air, his kicks will sail even further.
A battle of the best: Broncos Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Marshall matches up against Raiders Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. The two have waged some epic battles over the past few seasons, and figure to see plenty of each other again this Sunday.
Knowshon Moreno's quest for 1,000: Denver's rookie running back has 837 rushing yards on the season and is closing in on the 1,000-yard mark. He had 90 yards against Oakland earlier this season, and a similar performance this time around would put him well within reach of the milestone with two games to play.
Did you know?
Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil leads the league in sacks with 15. ... Denver has the league's second-best pass defense. ... Oakland has a chance to win consecutive road games for the first time since 2004. ... If the playoffs started today, the Broncos would be in and the Raiders would be out. Get an updated look at the postseason picture.Denverbroncos.com
- The Broncos are coming off a 28-16 defeat at Indianapolis, which improved to 13-0 with its win. Denver scored 16 consecutive points and outgained the Colts 272-27 (net yards) during a stretch covering the middle of the second quarter through early in the fourth quarter to trim its deficit to 21-16 late in the game.
- After earning a 23-3 win at Oakland on Sept. 27, the Broncos can sweep their season series with the Raiders for the first time since 2006 and the 15th time in club annals with a victory on Sunday.
- Denver is 15-3 (.833) at home in December since 2000.
- WR set an NFL record for most receptions in a game with 21 (200 yds., 2 TDs) last week at Indianapolis. Coupled with his 18-catch effort in 2008 vs. San Diego, he owns two of the top four single-game reception totals in NFL history.
- With 2,904 passing yards, QB is 96 yards away from becoming the seventh 3,000-yard quarterback in club history.
- RB leads all NFL rookies in rushing yards (837), yards from scrimmage (946) and 10-yard runs (25). His six games with at least 80 rushing yards tie for the third most in Denver history by a rookie.
- The Broncos are the only AFC team and one of two in the NFL (Carolina) to post at least three takeaways in each of the last three weeks.
- OLB/DE leads the NFL with 15 sacks and is looking to become the Broncos’ first-ever league sack champion. He is one sack away from Denver’s record for most sacks in a season (16, Simon Fletcher, 1992).
- S , who posted two interceptions last week at Indianapolis, needs eight tackles to record the seventh 100-tackle season of his 14-year NFL career.
- K has made 11-of-12 field goal attempts since November for a 91.7 percent success rate that ranks fifth in the league during that time.
- Since signing veteran P yds. / 34.5 to 39.3) in the NFL. on Oct. 26, the Broncos’ net punting average has shown the second-best improvement (+4.8
- Eight Broncos have registered at least seven stops on coverage units.
Denver linebacker Elvis Dumervil (toe) and running back Knowshon Moreno (ankle) both practiced fully Thursday. Dumervil didn’t practice Wednesday and Moreno was limited. Denver running back Correll Buckhalter didn’t practice because of an ankle injury. He likely won’t play Sunday.
I wanted to see big games out of Elvis as I want him to get that sack record. Lets see if he can get 4 like Orakpo. Also just want to see a dominate game over the Raiders as we all hate them very much. Also on the look out for some Hillis. With Bucky out he should see some more carries and I think he can run over the Raiders.
The Broncos win big and this is what I really want to see. 44 - 7, Doom gets 4 sacks, Champ has 2 picks. Beast gets 10 catches and 150 yards and a TD. Hillis and Knowshon get 100 yards each and a TD.
Little Johnny's parents were finally getting divorced, and went to family court for a custody hearing.
Little Johnny's mother's attorney told the court that he should live with his mother because she was nurturing and kind, and even worse... Johnny's Daddy beats him!
Little Johnny's father's attorney told the court that he should live with his father because he could better provide proper necessities, and even worse... Johnny's Mommy beats him!
Finally, the judge asked Johnny "Who do YOU want to live with, son?"
And Little Johnny wiped his eyes, sniffled and squeaked out "I want to live with the Oakland Raiders, because They can't beat Anyone!"
Why the Raiders suck and will never be any good.