April 29, 2011

2011 NFL Draft Day 2 - Round 2-3 - Discussion

Another day and the drafting goes on. After the first round the Broncos came away with Von Miller. An outside rush linebacker, who will now need to prove himself in a 4-3 scheme.

"(Von Miller) was the No. 1 defensive guy we had on the board," Head Coach John Fox said. "We really just had to wait for Carolina, then once they turned their pick in, he was pretty much our guy."

"He's a rare talent, there's no doubt," he said. "I've been doing this, this is my 23rd draft, and he's got those rare abilities, the things you can't coach. He's got a lot to learn, this is a level jump, it's a different game at this level as far as the type of plays you see and the type of offenses you see, but he has a lot of ability. It's not just the speed, it's the quickness, the explosion, the length of his arms -- his first step is as good as I've seen. There are a lot of tools that we can work with. He seems to have that uncommon ability to be great, as far as the want-to. He's a great young man, we feel like he'll represent our organization very well. We're just excited to have him and feel great about his abilities both on and off the field."

I hope like many Broncos fans that he works out. But he should be a solid player at the SAM position.

Lets look forward to round 2 and 3 as we try to fill some more holes. Look for DTs, Safeties, Corners and RBs at the next 3 picks.

As for the competition after the marking of Part 1, it sees myself with a score of 6 and with Jazzy and Digger both on 3. It will be tough going for the both of them to catch up. ~ Aussie.

13 comments:

  1. Yello! Wonder who we'll take at 13 & 14. I have a friend thinking we should take Rahim Moore from UCLA (safety). You won't hear me object.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titans take Ayers. Now is gets juicy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha, we just picked Rahim Moore. Who do we take next??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate this pick, Moore is an undersized safety that is over rated, is a clone of mcbath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this kid already!! So down to earth and what we need on defense! We need a new defense as well as high morale players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tackle Orlando Franklin is our next guy. Have absolutely no opinion on this one, never heard of the guy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now we take a guard? I think that was a failed second round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moore is a good character and everything I just worry he would be too injured to see the field much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nate irving now that is a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The problem I see is the Broncos haven't learned much. You need DTs to play defense. Look at the Lions and Bucs, they are doing it right. I like the LBs, not a fan of the second round though. I think we could have done better with Austin and Paea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a feeling Bannan will be coming back.

    ReplyDelete