January 13, 2010

Doom Needs Our Help!

In case no one has heard and/or read about it, the country of Haiti experienced a 7.3 magnitude earthquake on Tuesday causing incredible amounts of damage and deaths.

Since Dumervil has some Haitian descent he was on ESPN today asking for some help. He said he has about 45-50 family members there, no word on if any of them survived the earthquake. On the DB site, there's a blog about it and there's a video you can click to play, he actually called into ESPN and talked about the situation and what sites you can go to if you want to help out financially.

Haiti was already the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere before the disaster happened and now they have more troubles than they know what to do with. I know at least one hospital collapsed during the quake so I can only imagine how high the death toll is going to be.

Just thought I'd post this up and let everyone know we all have Doom's back and we care! Hope him and his family hear some good news soon. God bless!

This is the statement he released earlier today:

“I would like to thank everyone who has already offered their support to the victims of this tragedy. On a personal level, I must express my sincere gratitude for all of the love and support I have received. This is a difficult time for myself and my family, as we try to contact our family members in Haiti. Your thoughts and prayers are well received and greatly appreciated. I have personally witnessed the power and impact of the American people coming together in times of turmoil. I would like to encourage you all to do whatever you can to offer support to the people of Haiti. Wyclef Jean has put together The Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund. You can visit the website www.yele.org to get more information and to donate, or you can text the word “YELE” to 501 501 to automatically donate five dollars. You can also visit The Second Chance Opportunity Center at www.secondchanceopp.org or The Stark County Out of Poverty Partnership Foundation at www.scopp.org to help the victims of this tragedy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment