August 7, 2009

Gouldinator1 - Aussie

What up guys, Sean is the name or Gouldinator1 or Aussie. I am almost 6 feet tall and of a decent build. I was born in Canberra the nation’s capital of Australia. I have lived here my whole life which hasn’t been all that long and I am the oldest out of three brothers. My dad is a Queenslander and my mum is a Victorian, so I am more Queenslander than anything else. So I am a hard core Queenslander (Samoan is probably the only one that knows what that means).

I am now at university studying a degree in IT and between that Football, work and my girlfriend I do barely anything else other than surf the net for broncos stuff. I am currently in my second year of university and about 8 months into my IT Cadetship job.

Now the story about how I become a broncos fan is either lucky or lead by a higher power. Because you see here in Australia pretty much no one has heard of gridiron. And the only people that play it do it for fun. So in 2002 I had no idea this sport even existed. I was doing an assignment for school and I was going through a sports magazine looking for pictures for a poster. This is where I came across a picture of a player in full uniform and getting ready to throw a pass. At the time I had no idea who that was and what sport he was playing. It just looked cool, so I cut out the picture and stuck it on my pin board. I now know that the player was Kurt Warner when he played for the Rams. To this day I still have that picture to remind me how lucky I am to be involved in this sport. That picture was the start.

Just some background information, I happen to be a big games player, Playstation is my weapon of choice.

The next time I came across a picture like the Kurt Warner one was on the cover of madden 2003 about 6 months after I found the Kurt Warner picture. It had Marshall Faulk on the cover. So for my birthday I got that game. Had no idea about the sport at all, so the first time I played the game I had no idea what I was in for. And let me tell you it was probably the best game I have ever played, the sport interested me so much. All the technique and strategy that is involved in the gridiron and the hard, toughest of the game was just what I had been looking for.

Now when I played madden I didn’t know the teams so I didn’t know who to roll with. So I did some research, looked at all the teams and their history. When I came to the broncos it just felt like home. Since that day been following the broncos and been through the highs of 2003-2004 season and the lows since then. And are now looking forward to this season.

It wasn’t til year 11, I was 16 at the time, I was watching the local news and in the sport they did a small story on the local gridiron competition. I sat there upright and glued to the TV, I could not believe there was a local league. So the following year I managed to convince a few of my friends who had also started following the sport to play juniors with me. So the six of us played and since then I have got another two of my mates to play. That first year I played Juniors, State and Seniors. I played from the start of January to the end of November. Since then I have played another two Senior’s seasons, and played for Australia against some America State High School teams.

Now time for my rant. One thing that has annoyed me is something simple and small but I would like to bring it up. Whenever the winner of the Superbowl is announced they say they are champions of the world. I sit there like when did they give us a chance to compete for it? No they didn’t. So how can they be world champs? Then again I know they would dominate any team that we could put together so they can say that. But I would like to see a world cup in gridiron. Give every country a chance. Make it bigger than the soccer world cup. I know the NFL is trying to spread the sport but are they doing enough. Just going to England and Japan. What about everywhere else. It is countries like my own that are spreading this sport. We send teams all over the world. New Zealand, All the island around Australia, England, Sweden, Japan, Ireland, Scotland and we go to America to make our teams better. We are the ones setting up competitions to help spread this sport. Outside of America this sport isn’t massive. In most countries this sport isn’t even known. We don’t get payed to play, we pay to play.

So you’re wondering ‘Aussie why the rant’, well I want to see this sport grow and have a massive following in every country. I want a world cup bigger than the soccer world cup. So at every chance I try to tell people about the sport, grow the following. And it seems to be working, the following in Canberra alone has more than doubled. And there is more media coverage in Australia, it is building. So that is my goal that is what I work towards.

Here is some highlight videos of the 07 and 08 ACT Gridiron seasons. The team I play for is the Tornadoes, the dark blue uniforms.





Well that is enough from me – Aussie out

57 comments:

  1. I will do a princess and get first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatarticle... Sean.

    Wow that sounds so strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i was watching SC this morning and they had something on Cutler. HE said that the broncos don't have passionate fans!!! He gave them a 6 and the Bears a 9 on a scale of 1-10. That little jerk must want his knee caps broken. I'm so ready for that game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job Aussie. Cutler ratings on Broncos fans will be lower after he plays us in preseason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all, here is a cool site I recomend you check out. dbtruefans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to what Jay Cutler said about us Bronco fans. THAT LITTLE JERK. He never wanted to be here in Denver. The second he saw a chance to get out he ran. I hope someone hits him with a battery at the Denver - Chicago game. And I'm normally a nice guy. He still can not get over how much Bronco fans like John Elway. He wants to be "the guy" and not have to compete with someone like John Elway. John has more class than Cutler ever will have. Oh and in the short 15 seconds of the interview I listened to Cutler said "you know" six times. I think its like a nervous twitch he does when he does not know what to say. Oh and great job Aussie. Like the videos

    ReplyDelete
  7. not much. have you checked out the blog I mentioned yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. not yet. whats so special about it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. so i finished the guide this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave left that sight also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so how much bank are you getting for that guide?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. i think there was some serious overreacting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice paycheck. what overreacting?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought it was funny how Dave said this and left anyway.

    "florio, not cool at all. I don't dig that stuff. Stop posing as others. It's wrong and not funny in the slightest. This is twice now you've been reminded of this. 3 and I'm out.

    Doc, that stuff you posted earlier should be removed. Come on man, chatting is fine but that was pretty vulgar talk. If you want people to come to this site, that stuff has no place here, don't you think?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. when did he post that????

    Geez it's like his posts are invisible to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the last comment of the open forum.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the second newest open forum with 203 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. found it. i already moved to your bio before i read that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And that wasn't the second time he told me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. did you hear about Jay Cutlers comments?

    ReplyDelete
  21. why did he quit Bleacher Report? when did you hear that?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i was the one that broke that story remember?

    look up top.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i just looked on b/r hes not a writer there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. he probably left cuz i called him a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  25. you called him a baby on Bleacher eport?

    ReplyDelete
  26. no. i called him a bay here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. gotta go to practice. see ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you called him a baby here why did he leave bleacher report?

    later Florio

    ReplyDelete
  29. He quit B/R because of an editor.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Moreno has signed officially signed.


    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13017408

    ReplyDelete
  31. #80, I was just about to say that. beat me to the punch...I'll get you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. what up Champ? how many sites has he quit now? I think I lost track.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I look forward to seeing Moreno practice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't know 3 in lst 6 months. I didn't know him before about a month before RMN shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I count 4. true fans site, this site, bleacher report, and denverbroncos.com. possibly more.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It was the same story they had up earlier. They just changed it to he has signed instead of close to signing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. do you actually think Crabtree would be willing to sit out an entire season and then reenter the draft? sounds crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  38. If you believe that they actually get paid all the $ they sign for then it actually isn't so dumb. Say he would have made 2mil. this year as a #10 and next year he gets 5mil./yr. as a #3 it would be like he got paid this year for sitting out. It's ridiculous though and no I don't think he will sit out. He just using it as leverage. Something has to be done about these rookie contracts. Did you read about T.Jackson?

    ReplyDelete
  39. T.Jackson got signed, thats all I know. looks like you Champ and Bronco#80 are in the same division as me for the ESPN fantasy football league. I'm going to greatly enjoy beating you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  40. We have divisions? Is it Head to Head?

    ReplyDelete
  41. T.Jackson got 55mil/5yrs. 30 mil. guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  42. divisions.

    T.Jackson got paid that much!!! something needs to be done about these rookie contracts. getting out of control. well I well I gotta go. be back in a few hours. later Champ.

    ReplyDelete
  43. yeah man im pumped, and ill be beating you all. hA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your site is almost like Dehag's. About Dave, he's just a little tempermental and hard headed. He is a die hard Bronco fan though who knows his stuff. Plus he sends me some cool e-mails.

    ReplyDelete
  45. hey i put up a blog about moreno getting signed, lets go there.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cool story! I have always wondered why this game didn't become more popular throughout the world. This sport reminds me of old Gladiator days. Gouldinator1 keep doing what your doing. Good to hear, the Broncos have fans everywhere. I have lived in Denver all my life, so it takes something like this to remind me how lucky I am. Go Broncos! http://coloradosportsdesk.com

    ReplyDelete