August 19, 2009

This is interesting...

Considering the drama we've seen from Brandon Marshall over the past couple of months, I would say as fans we have earned the right not to trust him.

However, he sees it in a different light. Surprise surprise.

Here's the story from nfl.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Brandon Marshall has no problem working with the scout team while he plays his way back into Pro Bowl form.

What bugs him is the way the Denver Broncos handled his acquittal on misdemeanor battery charges last week.

Marshall said Wednesday in his first public comments about the matter that he was miffed a member of the team's public relations staff told his teammates not to gloat over the wide receiver's acquittal in an Atlanta courtroom on Friday.

Marshall was told the staffer was acting on his own in an attempt to be sensitive, but the wide receiver believes the directive came from higher in the organization and he suggested the episode fostered distrust between him and the Broncos.

There's a hazard that this latest imbroglio could lead to an irreparable rift between the team and Marshall, who's already unhappy that the Broncos haven't reworked his contract or traded him.

"Unfortunately, I think it gets to that point," Marshall said. "There are trust issues on both sides. It's understandable. We've got to try our best to move forward."

Trust issues were at the root of the offseason quarterback predicament that ended with Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler being traded out of Denver after first-year coach Josh McDaniels considered acquiring former pupil Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. Cassel ended up with the Kansas City Chiefs, Cutler was sent to the Chicago Bears and Kyle Orton came to the Broncos.

Marshall, who's set to make $2.2 million this season, had hoped the verdict in his trial would give him leverage for a new contract, and his agent, Kennard McGuire, met with McDaniels on Monday. Both men have declined to say whether McGuire again asked for a big raise or, barring that, a trade, and Marshall also sidestepped the question.

"From Day 1, I never asked the Broncos for more money, and that's from the summertime," Marshall said. "The biggest thing was I really disappointed that ... on one of the best days for the past three years of my life, some of my teammates were (told), 'Don't say you're happy for Brandon.' I felt like we need to sit down with the guys upstairs and try to figure out what's really going on."

So Marshall and his lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, met with Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis, who apologized to the wide receiver.

The Broncos have declined to discuss their side of the story, saying it's an internal issue.

"Some things you can't control," McDaniels said Wednesday when asked about Marshall's reaction. "That situation, we feel like we've tried to handle it the best we could after something like that came out. (We're) trying to get everybody's mind back on football and focus on practice and what we have to do to get ready for Seattle (in Friday night's preseason game)."

Marshall made it clear when training camp started that he wasn't happy in Denver anymore, but he said Wednesday that he had started to come around before hearing about the staffer's admonition.

"I thought we were moving past that, and it was just Friday when players were coached to say they weren't happy for me, so it's tough," Marshall said. "It's tough."

Marshall believed he would be traded by the Broncos this summer following a meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen. So, does Marshall feel like the Broncos broke a promise?

"In that meeting with ownership, it was told to me that they'll do their best to accommodate me with that wish, and I'm still here," Marshall said. "I'm a Bronco, and all I can do is try my best to get in the best football shape and be that player I was the last three years."

Marshall said he has no ill effects from his hip operation or the hamstring he pulled early in camp, but he's way behind on the Broncos' new playbook, which prevents him from taking snaps with the starting offense.

Marshall insisted that he didn't mind running with the scout team, though, suggesting: "I really want to take those reps and go against Champ Bailey, (Andre') Goodman and (Brian) Dawkins and those guys, so I'm just taking advantage of the talent we have on the defense."

However, Bailey and Dawkins weren't at practice Wednesday.

"You can't go out there and take reps with the 1s if you don't know what you're doing out there," Marshall said. "I've got to do my best to catch up in the playbook."

Msrshall said he was "not close at all" to mastering McDaniels' intricate new offense and wasn't sure if he'll play Friday against the Seahawks.

There's also a video that goes with the article if you go to this link.
Brandon Marshall, the drama queen






89 comments:

  1. Its almost unbelievable Marshall would try and put his troubles on his team but then again we are talking about him. Not that surprising after all. There are times where I wish he would get traded just cause I can't stand his attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, the PR guy in this situation was wrong. But its Marshall's troubles that got him AND his team put into this situation in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey if you haven't signed up for the fantasy league yet could you please do so, the draft is soon and we need two more players.

    League ID: 492482

    League Name: Denver Broncos

    Password: champ24

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be on in about 2 hours. just dropped in to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey florio... this place has been dead all day.

    And I hope Aussie isn't talking to me about that FF league. It just doesn't interest me and I would have absolutely NO clue what I'm doing. I'd be no help to it at all. I was about to offer, if you still need someone by Friday, I may do it but I don't even want to go there. I'm getting real busy with school... I have to get A's in all my classes, this would be just a distraction to me. I've never done FF before so I'd be more fixated on learning that than doing my school work. Hope you guys can find 2 more people but if you REALLY REALLY need someone, I could try it but I'm not making any promises. Don't count on me is what I'm trying to get at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry guys i have been on for a while, its just this week was my first week of school and ive been really busy with HW and football. i have 2 a days now and i have alot of HW im doing right now, man i hate math. Anyways Princess it would be cool if you could play FF football with us. It pretty simple and really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well first of all, what time is this draft supposed to take place on Saturday? I'm not sure I'll be around for it. Will be gone most of the day Saturday. The homework I have gets really complicated and I'm just not sure I want to figure out how to do FF at the same time I'm trying to get through these classes. My brain is already rattled. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. the draft is at 5:30 PDT on saturday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im back. Had to finish some work. Which has become stragly more enjoyable with my new raise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't go towards the light princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grrrr, trying to get myself out of this. lol I may give in on Friday, you guys REALLY need someone but I really don't want to. How long does it go on for? Couple of months I'm guessing. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into if I do this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its not that cool, if aren't really good. You have to know what your doing princess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have to research for hours and hours before you start up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Figures. I wouldn't know where to start. I figured it would be alot of work... almost hate to say this but I'd rather do my complicated homework than FF. Like I said before, I think it would be too much of a distraction to me. I need and have to get A's in my classes... this is the last thing I need to pay attention to. Trying to discipline myself here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey i have an idea florio, you and princess can join the league and the league will be complete, and the season is week 1 to 13 and week 14, 15, 16 playoffs, i think. And you dont have to know what your doing, a girl last year my friend played with knew nothing about football and she won it all. Sometimes it can be by just pure luck. And yes, it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. no you dont florio, just look at a couple expert mock drafts and use your best judgement and your ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hours and hours. Pshhhh.......... no you dont

    ReplyDelete
  18. trust me ashley. to be competitive, you need to spend alot of time maintaining it. I know. I came in second place even after drafting mason crosby in the second round.

    ReplyDelete
  19. see, it was luck that made him win, a kicker in the second round.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Argh, I'm so confused!! Still on the fence about this. Not convinced to join it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. how about if the league isnt full by Friday night, you will join. Pease princess, you wouldnt hurt a little 15 year old feelings, would you? :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha, man you just won't give will you?? I think I need a little more info about what I would have to do. I don't know the first thing about FF. Its like speaking Chinese to me, have NO idea at all. So did I read it right, this thing goes on during the whole regular season?? Not a good way to convince me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you aren't completely committed, it wastes everyones time princess. Luck can only take you so far. If you aren't prepared by friday, you will draft poorly and will most likely result in a season of crap.

    I would join 80, but i only do nfl.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah pretty much, but this is how you play. you have the draft. Its best to pick a RB in the first round. WR or QB in second, just depends who you will take a chance on. Theres around 15 rounds in the draft, Defenses and Kicker go in the last 2 rounds usually. Each week you face a oponent. How you win is by points. you score points with your players you drafted. By how many yards they throw, rush, recieve, and catches. who ever scores the most points that week wins the game. Its just like the reguler season except the playoffs are week 14, 15, and 16.

    ReplyDelete
  25. na, its not that hard. Hey and even if you do lose, its all fun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I'm getting dizzy reading that, lol. We'll see what I decide but like I said before don't count on me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. alright sound fair

    ReplyDelete
  28. man finished my HW. time for me to get me some shut eye. Have to wake up at 5 for football tomorrow morning. Im out. Laters

    ReplyDelete
  29. Later 80. I'm out as well. Its raining elephants over here, making me sleepy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm back but of course nobody else is on.

    ReplyDelete
  31. lol NFL.com emailed me a bill for $160 for league manager. Except i didn't sign up for league manager. I had to call and fix it. That sucks when you wake up and see a bill for something you didn't buy. i freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. haha florio, I would've freaked out too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. one is the lonliest number.

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow, not even one post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aussie? Please God let him be there. I feel so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Who's watching FARVE tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not on till 10 PM here though.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Farve did crap how funny, it is because he has no good wideouts.

    I had to share this, this is for all the madden fans, I just finished my first season of franchise and you know how in the off-season the first thing you do is retired players. Guess who was at the top of the list? Jay Culter, he suffered a broken vertebrae and had to retire. I thought that was too funny, that is what you get for playing behind the bears line haha.

    ReplyDelete
  39. hey all,
    I got Moster Defense aka torainATV to join our fantasy league, as well as a classmate of mine, who also is a broncos fan. So We are set for tomorrow night at 630 MT, Please be there a little early and good luck, it will be fun. Remember it will be a keeper league And you get points for receptions.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dont ruin it for us guys that aren't in your time zone chris. I wanted to watch Lord Farve fail for my self.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Chris, have you played superstar mode? I have phonz and quinn for the broncos and maclin for the eagles. Im almost half way through the season for quinn. Third on the team for both yards and receptions. Last time I played superstar mode i sent clady to the HOF after one season. lol

    ReplyDelete
  42. That was Aussie who ruined it for us florio's_mom.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow that was aussie I thought that was chris.

    Do you play madden digger?

    ReplyDelete
  44. wait, i am confused, who ruined what?

    DOES ANYONE know who The_Ink is in our fantasy league? They have a raider like logo. Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Aussie ruined the game for us. (digger and I)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey guys.

    Frizzler, The_Ink is a blogger on DB.com... he's okay. And THANK YOU JESUS I don't have to do the FF league. Sorry but the last thing I need with all my homework is a distraction like that. YIPEEEEE, I'm free!! haha, I was really hoping you guys would find 2 people that REALLY wanted to do it, instead of having me fill one of the spots, just to fill a spot. Such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  47. the viking game. get with the program. lol jk

    ReplyDelete
  48. no offense,
    but i didnt want you to do it either. It's always more competitive when all the owners at least know how to do play already. So The_Ink is a broncos fan?

    ReplyDelete
  49. OH, okay,
    weird that the game doesnt come on out there till so late. I dont get it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  50. No offense taken at all, I really had no interest in it and I would've been miserable trying to figure it all out at the same time I'm trying to do my work. And yeah, The_Ink is a Bronco fan. I read that and I was like I know I've seen that handle before. Realized they comment on the blogs at DB so, no need to freak out. haha

    ReplyDelete
  51. HAHAHA!,
    The chefs lost. They were on the 1 yard line and had 4 shots at scoring the game winning TD, and couldn't do it. Gotta love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOL, I know all about it Frizzle. I watched it and I do love it! Good stuff right there!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Aussie, you already completed an entire season and you got the game yesterday? lol

    ReplyDelete
  54. Yep played everygame, got it on thursday finished the season by saturday. Oh by the way guys I won my first football game of the season, the score was 14-13 and I took a pick, it was a really good game.

    ReplyDelete
  55. did anybody hear about Tennessee's punter hitting the giant screen at Dallas' new billion dollar stadium? looks like Jerry Jones will have to pay up some more money to get the screen raised.

    is anyone watching Denvers lacrrose team?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey check this out. pretty awesome. click on all 5 of them.

    http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=fantasy-files

    ReplyDelete
  57. Cool Doc. I had already seen the Flacco one and M.J.D.
    Hey do you know how to find the Knowshon commercials for NFL Network of the training camp stories. One he's looking for Marshall's contact and the other he is dancing on the bar.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Farve didn't play long enough to look horrible. Chiefs O-line looked horrible though.

    ReplyDelete
  59. i saw them both on youtube. I searched for knowshon moreno commercial and found them both

    ReplyDelete
  60. Chad Ochocinco can kick? he kicked off and kicked an extra point.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3eN0KwXcMU&feature=popular

    ReplyDelete
  61. reminder, draft is in 3 hours and 40 minutes. get ready to be crushed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. i am ready to crush, I don't know about getting crushed. Bring it on Doc!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. i wish yahoo didnt make you wait till 30 minute before the draft to find out your draft position. I like to game plan depending on where i draft.

    ReplyDelete
  64. so do I. but its not a big deal. I don't need to gameplan inorder to beat you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  65. Thanks Jazzy. Found them. Someone on the other blog was asking if I had a link.

    ReplyDelete
  66. you sure do like to talk, but after I beat you, I will know thats all you got. I have been playing FF since you were 9er.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Jazzy, wait until the season to say you're going to beat me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  68. I would, but that defies the law of chuck. LOL, but I do plan on full out domination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. draft is in 25 minutes. I got stuck with the second to last pick. lol

    ReplyDelete
  70. I won't be here tonight during the game, for the most part. Gonna be at a friends house watching the game in HD on 52 inches of pure Heaven!! haha Later gators.

    ReplyDelete
  71. lucky. I need Aussie to give me a link to the game

    ReplyDelete
  72. What up all I will try and find a link to the game

    ReplyDelete
  73. Man late for the draft, meh oh well

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hey do you want me to post a blog for the 1st quarter now?

    ReplyDelete