April 22, 2010

Tebow, Thomas Make For Wild First Round For Broncos in 2010 NFL Draft


Well my fellow crazy Broncomaniacs, it is official... QB Tim Tebow and WR Demaryius Thomas are now apart of the Denver Broncos. Honestly, I am THRILLED with these picks. At first I couldn't figure why in the world McDaniels kept trading down but now, the wait was totally worth it. I hate to say it like this but I think we have as close of replacement as we're gonna get for Brandon Marshall. Thomas is similar in style, height, and build like Marshall, and I think he can do a world of good with Denver. Our offense is gonna be rockin' and a rollin' this season. I can hardly stand the excitement. As for Tebow... McD is a genius. I think he's going to prove himself to a lot of people and overcome his "underdog" status.

I proudly welcome both players to Denver and now hopefully I can muster up the patience to wait 4 months for at least some pre-season action. I'm not so sure I can make it. This may sound like an overreaction but I am really content with our QB's... Orton, Quinn and Tebow (I think we all know Brandstater is gonna go).

For just the first round, man, we were all over the place but I think we played it really smart. We are the talk of the draft so far for a couple of reasons: first we trade all over the place, then not to outshine the pick of Thomas but by us picking Tebow, we already made the major news on the Yahoo homepage. haha No one thought he'd get picked in the first round... we made some major news tonight, and for good reason. I hope I'm not the only one really excited about these picks. Boys, I think we are in for a surprise this season. This was an absolutely wild and unpredictable first round... and to think there are 2 more days of this! Brace yourselves.

Keep the faith Bronco Country....
GO BRONCOS in 2010!!!!

Oh and Tebow is smokin' hot!! He's gonna look fabulous in Bronco Orange & Blue! Yep, this was a fun time... fun time indeed!

16 comments:

  1. Oh and another thing... I so called it... Tebow did make it in the 1st round. I know a few of you thought we'd pick him too but I should get 5 points just for defying the nay-sayers about him thinking he wouldn't get picked in the first round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, i called it Princess, you just called it after me. Its ok though. Aussie whos winning right now in the competition? I think me and Doc are in the lead, but im not sure, could u clear that up? Oh and i almost got it right with Dez Bryant, just got Thomas instead. Time for me to finish evrybody off when we pick McCluster tomorrow. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and im REALLY EXCITED about the draft so far. Lookin good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah 80# I will go over it and have the marks up so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, sounds good, im up late tonight because i watched the draft all afternoon and evening so i never did any of my HW. Just so happens i have ALOT tonight. I hate math. Anyways ill probably head to bed in an hour or so here once i finish up here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok it will be a while before I get it up, but you will be in bed before then. Check the marks tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. alright, almost done with HW anyways, about half more hour, im freakin tired!!! At leats we got Tebow, im excited about this guy! Thomas to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, I just hope they work out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, what do u think of Tebows role? Starting QB this year over Orton and Quinn? HB, TE?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah, he will start next year. I think we cut or trade Brandstater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah i think so to. And Thomas will resume Marshalls role.

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817b7b9d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trying to replace Marshall with a rookie Wide Receiver? Remember, Marshall caught 100+ balls per season over the past 3 years with 2 different QB's. That's never been done in NFL history. AND, he did it while missing a few games this past year. He also has the record for most receptions in a game at 21. So before comparing a rookie with a 4 year veteran, 2X Pro-Bowler and now the highest paid Wide Receiver in the NFL, that's far fetched and a bit steep. Let's let the kid breathe the mile high air before calling him the next great Wide out. I do agree that he has all the potential to become a great target down field.

    As for the Tebow pick, I'm thinking that Orton isn't going to get paid the money he deserves. I'm sure all that coin will go into the development and marketing of Tebow. Orton can win and to me has proven his worth for the Broncos. And now the long term contract that he should have gotten is going to be spent covering Tebows ass as he sits on the bench developing for a couple years. Orton, who is probably the least paid starting Quarterback in the NFL and only going to make $2 million playing his heart out for us, will have to look at a guy who is probably going to make $12 million warming the bench. How disheartening this NFL business really is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. J.C., if Orton goes out there and wins games for us, and gets us into the post season, I'm sure somebody will give him his payday!

    It's too bad for Quinn, and Brandstater as well. Because under the right coaching staff, and developed properly, both could have potentials of being long term QB's in the NFL.

    I've always liked Quinn, and thougt it was the Browns coaching staff that lacked talent!

    ReplyDelete